Now Hiring for a Social Media & Content Specialist
This is a full-time in-house position. Must live in (or be willing to relocate to) Salt Lake City or surrounding area.
Voile Manufacturing started making backcountry equipment in Salt Lake City back in 1980. To this day, we still make over 80% of our equipment here in Utah, including the world-renowned Voile Straps. We’ve certainly grown over the last four decades, but we are still a small company with employees who wear many hats. As the world becomes increasingly digital (and with outdoor adventure seekers flocking to the backcountry in record numbers) we are seeking a new Voile team member to help us create content to educate users.
We are seeking a self-sufficient and motivated individual to grow Voile Mfg. and Voile Straps brand awareness, affinity, product knowledge, behind-the-scenes stories, and stoke for the backcountry through our blog and social media. Other objectives include helping drive traffic and sales through the creation of high quality content.
The Social Media & Content Specialist is responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the Voile’s social channels (Instagram, Facebook) as well as creating, curating, and publishing content to our blog.
The ideal candidate will be able to produce high-quality and creative written content.
This position is a mix of in-house content creation, directing V-Team contributions, and curating User Generated Content (UGC). As a growing company we are looking for individuals who are comfortable fulfilling multiple roles.
- Educate followers about Voile and our products.
- Drive traffic to the website and blogs.
- Build brand awareness and affinity.
- Engage with customer service opportunities.
- Grow followers.
- Help drive sales on certain products and elevate monthly marketing directives.
- Expand awareness of Voile Straps brand outside of the bike world and build on the “Infinitely Useful” slogan.
- — Fields to grow include motorsports, fishing, construction, rafting, skiing, splitboarding, snowmobiling, etc.
- — Curate a list of clever Voile Straps uses as seen in UGC to be replicated in high quality photos.
- Write relevant blog content for both Voile Mfg. and Voile Straps, such as: product announcements, tech tips (ie “When to Choose Scale-base Skis”), product comparisons, company culture highlights, behind-the-scenes stories, industry interviews, employee portraits, etc.
- Pitch ideas for future blog posts.
- Edit, layout, and publish blog posts that are provided by V-Team ambassadors.
- Optimize the blog using SEO best practices.
- Drive traffic to website and blog.
- Strategically use V-Team ambassador content.
- Strategically use UGC (engage with users and ask for permission).
- Keep our social media followers engaged:
- — Create shareable content and engagement opportunities.
- — Reply to DM’s, tags, and comments on our accounts.
- — Help provide answers and resources related to Voile.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- A sense of humor.
- A creative and analytical mindset.
- 2 years of experience managing social media for a brand.
- 2 years of experience writing for a long-form blog, journal, newsletter, or similar is preferred.
- Knowledgeable about current social media platforms and best practices.
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices.
- Familiarity with backcountry touring.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Familiarity with WordPress.
- Familiarity with Later (or other social media scheduler).
- Experience with Facebook for Business, and Adobe Suite is a plus.
- BS in marketing, communications, or a relevant field is preferred but not required.
Apply for this position:
Please use this form to submit your application once you've compiled the required items.
Thank you for your application!
Interpersonal and Technical Skills
How comfortable are you initiating and directing conversations?
Please describe your experience related to customer service, narrative development, and/or audience engagement.
What is your level of skill when it comes to stringing words together? (Long-form written content.)
Please describe your experience related to producing written editorial, interview, institutional, or instructional content.
What is your level of skill with digital photography? (Creating in-house behind the scenes photographic content.)
Please describe your experience related to photography.
I live in (or I am willing to relocate to) Salt Lake City.
Tell Us About Yourself
If not skiing or splitboarding, what gets you excited?
Specifically skiing and/or splitboarding.
List brands separated by commas, or leave blank if none.
A little more info:
Welcome to Voile, where there are no wrong answers.
Provide information for your first professional reference related to the position for which you are applying:
Provide information for your second professional reference related to the position for which you are applying:
Cover Letter and Resume
Upload your cover letter, max file size of 2mb
Upload your resume, max file size of 2mb
Please email these items to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Demo Reel / Portfolio
• Cover Letter
Use wetransfer.com to send large files directly, or provide a url to access these items online.
Submit your demo reel and/or portfolio. Email these items to email@example.com Use wetransfer.com to send large files directly, or provide a url to access these items online.